Romance is in the Air (between the pages of our book)!

Happy February!

This is the obligatory February romance post that felt very necessary.

It’s the month of love! Granted, every month should be the month of love, however this really is the ~~ month of love ~~. For me, romance is the book genre that I try so hard to steer away from because I know there are only ever 2 outcomes:

1. I come in with high hopes and leave terribly disapointed with a disgusting taste in my mouth because the whole novel read like it was written by a saucy 6th grader on Wattpad.
  2. I start the book a normal functioning adult and somewhere along the way I forget how to exist properly and in the end I am a depressed pile of tears with a ripped up heart.

Although romance novels just don’t treat me well, alas, I find myself crawling back to them time after time. Valentine’s day season is the one time of the year I don’t feel so guilty picking a cheesy mafia romance book instead of an intellectual and highly advanced fantasy novel. So please – drop the best romance book titles you’ve had the pleasure (tee hee) of reading!

Comment down below your favorite romance novels or series you’ve read and a little about why you liked it so much!

3 thoughts on “Romance is in the Air (between the pages of our book)!”

1. This makes me so excited, I simply adore romance novels. My two favorites and biggest recommendations are Evvie Drake Starts Over by Linda Helms, and Beach Read by Emily Henry. Not only were they enchanting and often times witty, but they felt like a true lens into real people experiencing real life situations. I feel like I know the characters, and having to close the book after finishing instantly makes me miss them. Beach Read has a few mysterious elements that could very well draw in newcomers to the romance scene. Plus, Evvie Drake Starts Over brought life and excitement to baseball in my mind (I had always found it to be pretty boring… I do apologize). The characters feel so so real. I couldn’t recommend them more! If you’re a fan of Bridgerton, Bringing Home the Duke (a trilogy I think!) by Evie Dunmore is a salacious and fun read (18+). Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston is also a nice romcom-esque LGBTQ+ friendly book about the first female president and her son’s relationship with the Prince of Wales. It’s a highly enjoyable ride.

1. I’ve read three out of four of these books and I second all of these recommendations. Good romance reads but deep at the same time which makes them interesting to read! Absolutely category 2 reads.