All is right in the world of feminism as the power of allies grows daily. Just this week, self-described feminist Jacob Fenstermaker heard somebody say the wage gap doesn’t exist, a statement he responded to by mumbling: “That’s not true at all.” Jacob believes he made a big difference. He told us, “What I said completely turns around what everyone around me thinks about the issue”, and we have to agree. Jacob’s firm reassurance to anybody within a 3-foot radius that systemic sexism is a thing that exists is surely enough to ensure that real change happens. “I mean, awareness is the biggest part of solving any problem. When Sudan went through that media blackout, I made my profile pic blue just like everybody else. The situation probably got better, since we stopped hearing about it.” 

When some people want change, they usually write to politicians, go to protests, and sometimes even donate their money to causes. This Woke King, however, does none of that. He works tirelessly, spreading awareness to anyone actually able to hear his meek words.

Written by Zach Levy, Treasurer